Alabaster is a highly translucent stone. This building material is relatively scarce, which makes its use in construction limited. It is mostly used in creating small artistic items instead of an entire building. It is, however, combined with other materials that helped to widen its applications.
The primary feature of alabaster stone is its translucency. Because of this, the stone must only be used indoors. Also, it cannot be used somewhere where it can be rained down or at least must be protected against it. Due to this, the use of alabaster stone for building construction is limited.
Alabaster Stone Uses:
- Lighting (using its translucent effect)
Alabaster Stone Pros:
- Looks good
- Easy to stain and sculpt
- Lighting effect
Alabaster Stone Cons:
- Can’t be exposed to water without being treated first
Types of Stone Used for Buildings Constructions
- Granite is an igneous rock used for monuments and institutional buildings. Polished granite is used as bench tops, cladding for columns and walls.
- Marble is a metamorphic rock used for facades as well as ornamental works. It is also used for flooring, steps, columns, and as table or countertop.
- Onyx – is a stone formed from limestone.Best use for walls with light behind them as it is enhanced due to its translucent color.
- Quartzite – is a metamorphic rock used as building blocks and slabs. It is used for kitchen cabinet.
- Limestone – consists of calcium carbonate. It is often used as floor tiles and bathroom wall tiles, vanity tops, staircases.
Various Stone Finishes
George Buildings provides type of stones such as marble , basalt, marble, limestone, sandstone, quartzite, travertine, slate, gneiss, laterite, and granite which can be used as construction materials. The stones used for building construction should be hard, durable, tough, and should be free from weathered soft patches of material, cracks, and other defects that are responsible for the reduction of strength and durability.
How To Choose Good Quality Stone
There are several factors to consider when choosing the best stone and marble in China. Here are a few:
- Size and thickness
- Shapes and textures
- Finishing and patterns
Popular Color Choice
Packing and Loading
Stone packing is a wooden crate for outside, and padded with formed plastic for inner
• Stone tiles placed face to face
• Padded with formed plastic for inner
• Plastic to protect the corner and edge
• Tighten the entire stone with tape
• Packing with wooden pallet
• Tie the wooden pallet with tape
• Wooden tray fumigated
• Pallets can mature gravity
Loading & Delivery
• Using a forklift to load
• Professional loading avoid collisions
• Use wooden bars to fix pallet
• Rugged for long distance transportation
George Buildings have accomplished more than 1000 real estate projects in 118 countries worldwide
America Villa Projects
Category: 89 Sets Home villa
Style: Mountain style
Area: 89 Sets Villa
Customer: Francis Cheong
Category: Home improvement villa
Area: One floor of 120㎡, 3 floors
Customer: Metro Real Estate PLC
Category: Luxury Apartments
Style: Westview Standard
Area: 270 Rooms
Saudi Arabia Villa
Customer: Dr AbuAli
Category: Home improvement villa
Style: Simple European style
Area: 450㎡ one floor, 2 floors
From design, materials selection, delivery, installation, to warranty. George Buildings give you a dream home and save your time & budget.
Boasting 7 manufacturing bases and has established a comprehensive control system for all processes to ensure the production of the highest quality building materials.
Abundant Product Lines
All the categories are consisting of kitchen cabinet and wardrobe, door and window, stone and marble, bathroom fitting, wood flooring, lighting, tiles, curtain.
Service and Warranty
Team of 200 people working in design, sales, warranty, and other engineering details to serve our customer’s varying needs. Once your George products have any problems, contact us directly.
We will email you within 24 hours. If your project is urgent, please feel free to call or whatsapp: +86 13392205270
THE ORDER PROCESS
SIGN UP NEWSLETTER