White shaker style kitchen cabinets
These sleek shaker style kitchen cabinets can perfectly complement a large variety of kitchens, either modern or classic. Combining the already timeless Shaker cabinet with white will ensure your kitchen never goes out of style. Choosing this, you are certain to give your kitchen an elegant and bright feel.
White shaker upper kitchen cabinets
Make the most of your space with these upper cabinets. Not only will they give your room a friendly feel, but you will also gain additional storage space for pottery, jars, or glasses. Most modern kitchens possess some sort of upper cabinets and the Shaker style offers great compatibility with all of them.
Farmhouse kitchen white shaker cabinets
We’ve already emphasized the wide variety of styles these cabinets can fit into. If you are going with a more rustic feel, you can choose the farmhouse kitchen white shaker cabinet without worrying that it would be out of place. Its minimalistic design will complement your room perfectly, making it look brighter and spacious.
White shaker kitchen cabinets with black handles
A popular choice for modern kitchens, the black handles (or knobs) provide a great contrast with the bright white of the cabinet. If you’re worried this style is a bit too simplistic, you can add choose the black handles so your kitchen does not feel under-decorated. Also a great option for farmhouse and rustic kitchen styles.
Need Custom Kitchen Cabinets for Your Projects ?
Custom Flexible Kitchen Cabinets
From commercial to residential kitchen cabinets, we have you covered with our custom flexible white shaker kitchen cabinets.
Why Choose George Shaker Kitchen Cabinets ?
White Shaker Kitchen Cabinets Buying Guide
Are white shaker cabinets in style?
They continue to be in style, even several decades after their creation. The fact that they are the most wide-known designs for cabinets is proof of that. What made this possible is the way they were designed.
Shaker cabinets are not meant to be very flashy, but should, instead, fit in most kitchens, regardless of style and color (and you can indeed choose from quite a large variety of colors). So you won’t need to worry about them going out of fashion any time soon.
What hardware looks best on white shaker cabinets?
This, of course, depends on your tastes, but let’s look at some of the most popular choices of hardware for the white Shaker cabinets:
Tubular bar pulls – the most sought-after handles, usually silver, they are very convenient and versatile. The vertical lines of the Shaker cabinets are complemented very well with those horizontal bars, creating an eye-pleasing symmetry.
Flat bar pulls – another popular choice, they can be used for both cabinet doors and drawers, for a consistent look. They lean towards the modern side, so the flat bar pulls are a good option for contemporary kitchens.
Glass knobs – an elegant option, the glass knobs offer a vintage and reflective look and come off as a classy choice for any kitchen style. If you are worried about durability, you can opt for acrylic knobs, which are similar in design but are a bit more durable and affordable.
Metal knobs – if you want to add to the clean look, those plain knobs may be the choice for you. Their simplistic design is meant to fit in and direct attention towards other, flashier, design elements (i.e. open-shelving decors).
Bronze cup pulls – preferred in farmhouse and rustic kitchen styles, they offer to create a contrast between the white and their darker colors (you can also opt for black).
Pros and Cons of white shaker kitchen cabinets
Let’s have a look at some things you may want to keep in mind if you’re looking to buy a white Shaker cabinet:
- They will brighten up your kitchen;
- Minimalistic design;
- White is a neutral color, so it will redirect to any flash decoration you put up;
- They are sturdy, reliable and provide great functionality;
- The design will never go out of style;
- They give a fresh and clean feel to your kitchen, in addition to depth and tallness;
- Appliances or hardware installed on them will be enhanced (in an aesthetic sense);
- Very versatile;
- While they can be quickly cleaned, dust or dirt will be easily visible on the surface;
- Simplicity may not be preferred by some people, coming off as sterile, something that would be in a hospital perhaps;
- May require additional finish in the future;
- Scratches and cuts are very visible on their surface, so make sure you don’t sacrifice quality by cutting too much on the price;
Where can I find white shaker kitchen cabinets for the best price?
There are many suppliers offering white Shaker kitchen cabinets, but the most important aspect you should keep in mind is your location. Search locally, and if you are interested in overseas supplies, keep in mind the international shipping costs. You should inquire about transport costs regardless of the chosen supplier.
walcraftcabinetry – Canada
lilyanncabinets – the USA
wickes – UK
Amazon and eBay (keep in in mind you’re buying from other people here) also provide many options to choose from. IKEA also has some options you may be interested in. You can also take a look at our Top 10 kitchen cabinet suppliers in China. There may also be smaller suppliers in your area, so word of mouth could provide you additional options.
How much do white shaker kitchen cabinets cost?
Considering that shipping costs are a separate issue, there are three main types of Shaker kitchen cabinets: stock, semi-custom, and fully customized. A linear foot is often encountered as a unit of measurement when it comes to kitchen furnishing in general (1 linear foot is approximately 1/3 meters). Stock cabinets can range between $100 to $300, the semi-custom ones range from $200 to $550, and for full customization, you can keep in mind the $500 to $1,200 range per linear foot. Of course, the final cost depends on the chosen materials and the size of your kitchen.
Additional costs will appear for installation, and these can vary widely if you choose the labor provided by the supplier or a handyman. The range $30 – $200 should be kept in mind (the lower side represents handyman costs and the higher, installation provided by the company). Also keep in mind that if the installation done by the handyman is not satisfactory, additional costs may appear.
As a general rule, stock or preassembled cabinets are cheaper and the customized ones are more expensive.
White shaker cabinet kitchen ideas
You can play with many designs regarding shake cabinets. From modern to traditional and all the shades in-between, here are a few of them:
Dark base cabinets – a striking look when paired with brighter colors, works best with dark grey shades for the lower parts, white for the upper cabinets, and dark wood floor tiles. Add white countertops for a plus of elegance.
Gray washed shaker cabinet – preferred in spacious kitchens, the gray wash gives the impression of metal and offers a professional look to your kitchen. Combine this with metal appliances and you’ve got yourself a modern, chef-style kitchen.
Black shaker cabinets – specific to modern kitchens and in combination with glass cabinet doors and white countertops you’ve got yourself as elegant of a kitchen as you can get. Add white wall paint and wooden floor tiles for an even stronger contrast.
Black hardware – great contrast is created by the black bars or knobs together with the white on the cabinets themselves. Combine this with a slightly darker tone of a wood floor and you’ll get a sleek and elegant design.
Gray and white shaker cabinets – for an even more modern finish, you can combine gray and white cabinets.
Stained wood doors – if you want to go for a more rustic feel, natural wood shaker cabinets will help with that. To keep the focus on them, minimalistic hardware is preferred. Add some contrast with white countertops.
Blue shades cabinets – if you’re feeling bold, you can try out blue shaker cabinets paired with white hardware and countertops. This combination gives off a unique feeling that is sure to have your guests gossiping for some time.
White shaker kitchen cabinets options
Some popular choices include:
- Pine – a bit cheaper than the rest, absorbs stains well, so you would need a few coats of finish;
- Maple – preferred for its light color and fine, even grains;
- Birch – slightly darker than maple, highly warp-resistant;
- Solid timber – highly durable but a bit more expensive;
- MDF – finish can be applied smoothly and is quite water-resistant, also a cheaper option;
Shaker cabinets have a frame and panel profile. The panel is recessed which actually defines the shaker style cabinet. In some cases, the door will be equipped with two such panels, but this only applies to larger doors. You may choose the depth and size of the recess and also colors and materials.
A variety of colors is available to choose from, generally, the most sought-after are:
- White – provides a chic look and never goes out of style;
- Gray – preferred for modern kitchens, you can achieve a metallic look, depending on the shade of gray;
- Brown – a popular choice for rustic, but also modern kitchens. A nice contrast is achieved, together with white countertops;
- Blue – with the navy blue variant being the most popular, perfect for coastal kitchens and vacation homes.
Here are some of the popular materials used in countertops:
- Granite – considered luxurious, granite countertops have recently become more affordable and are increasingly used in all types of homes. They are durable and heat resistant and come in a variety of colors;
- Marble – on the high-end spectrum, this option looks striking but it is not as durable as granite and is quite susceptible to scars and cuts;
- Quartz – an extremely durable material with a sleek look. Countertops made of quartz do not require sealing, so you are free to prepare food directly on top of them.
- Concrete – extremely hard and durable, you won’t see cuts or scratches on its surface. It is also quite heavy and not many styles are available on the market. It may be a good option in professional or industrial kitchens.
- Laminate – preferred for its surprising resilience and the multitude of colors and styles available. This is one of the more affordable options and is quite easy to install.
- Wood – heat resistant and durable, the stylish design provided by this material is unquestionable. Different kinds of woods are available such as maple, cherry, oak, and birch. Wooden countertops require maintenance over time to prevent warping and cracking.
5 Tips for buying a whites shacker kitchen cabinet
Here are a few things you should keep in mind while searching for your white shaker kitchen cabinet.
1. Identify floor plan
Ideally, you should already have access to them, but if you don’t there are a few things you can try:
- Talk to the contractor that built your house, they usually keep floor plans;
- The tax office of your country or municipality should have an archive section where you can find help in locating your floor plans. They usually have information related to the original owner, building permits, and even a set of blueprints;
- Builders need to apply for permits before buildings houses, these are located in the building inspector’s office. Talk to clerics in the city or town hall for possible locations of this office.
- You can try speaking to your neighbors. Buildings in an area tend to have similar designs, so they may have their floor plans and with some luck, they are very similar in design to yours. Or maybe they can point you in some other direction.
- If nothing else works, you can hire an architect or a structural engineer who can use a set of measurements to recreate a floor plan for your house;
2. Consider the expected budget and function of the cabinet
It is vital to establish a budget so you can start looking for the perfect cabinet. By choosing a specific limit to the amount you are willing or able to spend, you can narrow down your choices in regard to design and materials. There are the two main components you can play with since dimensions are usually a rather strict aspect.
How large is your kitchen? Do you expect many cuts and scratches on the surfaces? What color do you have on your floor, what material? By asking these kinds of questions, you will get closer to finding out what you need.
You must consider your own situation first, and then the available choices will become more clear.
3. Determine materials and make quotations
Related to the previous point, determine materials and amounts with respect to your needs. Look towards more durable materials if you expect rough treatments to your countertops. Think before choosing marble or similar materials if you do tend to scratch surfaces with knives or other sharp objects. Consider the aesthetic qualities of the cabinet, how does it fit with the rest of the furniture. Is the color going to be in good contrast with the floor tiles?
4. Confirm design
After careful consideration, and taking into account aesthetics and functionality, decide, roughly how your shaker cabinet will look like. Next, confirm your idea with the supplier. Inquire about the availability of your design and chosen materials and wait for a response. You can even ask them for an opinion or recommendation.
5. Pay deposit and schedule production
Once your supplier answered and your design is available or they proposed some alternatives and you agreed, decide the timetable. How long will it take to be made? When will it be delivered? It is important to know this information beforehand and suppliers are obligated to provide it to you. After you agree to the details of the production, pay the deposit so you assure your supplier that you won’t just change your mind mid-production. This differs from company to company, but the deposit can go up to 50% of the total price (even more perhaps) and the rest is going to be paid on delivery.
Again, this is to ensure seriousness. You are entitled to a full refund if the order is not fulfilled.
Why should you choose a GEORGE shaker cabinet?
We are a fast-growing company with over 14 years of experience that has already received and fulfilled many orders from different customers (you can read more about our projects on our website).
George Buildings has established a comprehensive control system for all processes and systems to ensure the production of the highest quality building materials
High Production Capacity & Flexibility
George Buildings has formed strategic partnerships with leading suppliers around the world to ensure a continuous supply of machinery, panels, edge band, hardware, and others. These important alliances seek to maintain strict quality controls at the sourcing stage.
One-stop Shop Solution
George Buildings Company is your one-stop building materials supplier and service provider. We are the ultimate source for all your building material needs for your big and small construction or renovation projects. With our comprehensive custom solutions, your commercial and residential building projects are sure to be completed to your satisfaction.
White shaker kitchen cabinets are some of the most (if not the most) popular choice when it comes to kitchen furnishing and with good reason. They have withstood the test of time due to their high versatility and minimalistic design. Over 100 years since their creation, they continue to inhabit many modern and traditional homes. While you have many customization options, you should consider which one is the best for you, and no matter what choice that is, you can rest assured that you are making a great decision with this type of cabinet.
Tell us Your Project Details and Get a Quick Quote Right Now , Please Feel Free to WhatsApp +86 13392205270
Related Products with White Shaker Kitchen Cabinets
SIGN UP NEWSLETTER