96×48 Window | 8×4 Window
96×48 window is a standard-sized window measuring 96 inches wide and 48 inches high. When the dimensions are converted into feet, the width becomes 8 feet and height 4 feet. That is why these pred-designed windows are sometimes called 8×4 windows. They are made for a rough opening of 95.75×47.75 or 95.5×47.5.
Standard size windows, also known as stick windows, are usually manufactured on a large scale. This bulk production reduces the production cost, making the 8×4 window cheaper than customized windows. You can save money on your next renovation or new window installation cost if you can design with these standard windows.
96×48 Window: Features
- Energy-efficient – The 8×4 window is designed with low-E glass panes that are engineered for energy efficiency. The windows are also sealed by adding a weatherstrip all around them.
- Maintenance-free – Once you have installed your 8×4 window, you are relieved of regular maintenance tasks such as painting. You only need to clean your windows and forget about the rest.
- Durable – Whether you are making new window installations or renovating your property, choosing the 8×4 windows suits your need. They are designed with high-quality materials with a long lifespan.
- Easy to operate – All our 96×48 windows are engineered for easy operability. Opening and closing the windows are all done effortlessly.
- Advanced manufacturing technology – We use fusion welding technology that leaves no flaws on the welded joints. The windows will be strong and durable.
- Easy installation – Just hook the flanges to the house frame, and you are done with the process. You do not need any help if you love doing things yourself.
96×48 Window: Specifications
|Rough Opening Dimensions||96”W x 48”H|
|Frame Height||95-1/2 inches|
|Frame Width||47-1/2 inches|
|Frame Depth||3-1/4 inches|
|Project Type||New construction/replacement|
|Glazing Type||Single pane/double pane|
|Glass Choice||Argon Gas/Low-E|
|Sound Transmission Control(STC) Rated||✓|
|Manufacturer Warranty||Accidental glass breakage warranty; Limited lifetime|
8×4 Window: Optional Accessories
8×4 window shade
You can add a window shade to your 8×4 window. It has many advantages. These include complimenting interior decorations, enhancing privacy, improving energy efficiency, among others. Order your 8×4 window with window shades for a perfect match.
8×4 window blinds
Window blinds help you control the amount of light entering the room. 8×4 window blinds have many other benefits that make them a worthy investment.
8×4 window curtain
A window without window curtains is incomplete. You cannot just withstand that privacy invasion and excess light that gets into the room even at night. Pair your 8×4 windows with a corresponding curtain to also add the aesthetics.
96×48 Window: Frequently Asked Questions
1. What are some top reasons to choose 96×48 windows for my home?
- Material Variety
Your 8×4 window can be made of material of your choice. The frames can be vinyl, aluminum, or solid wood. There are also different types of glasses for the panes. In other words, you are in charge of how your window looks.
There are different designs of 8×4 windows to choose from. If you do not know what you can use, then our designers are ready to help you. There is a design style for every and every region.
- Reduction of energy costs
The 96×48 windows are designed to help regulate the temperature inside the house. By doing so, you save on the air conditioning energy bills. The windows are energy-efficient.
- Enhanced security and safety
Keep intruders at bay with well-engineered locks. The locks are designed to be operable only from the inside. So, no one can break into your house.
- Low maintenance
Every part of the 8×4 windows is designed with high-quality materials that resist many environmental factors. The windows will last for many years with minimal maintenance, such as wiping the window panes.
2. Is a 96×48 window the best size for my house?
An 8×4 window is of standard size. Many rooms are better designed with windows of this size. Many factors should be considered for the window size, and one of the factors is the floor area. First, you need maximum light during the day. These 8×4 windows are suitable for many average-sized rooms to large rooms. Most rooms, excluding conference halls, require a window that is 4 feet in diameter.
3. How much is a 96×48 window?
The prices of windows vary depending on the window style, framing material, type of glass, and type of finish. In this case, we assume the size is 8×4. Otherwise, the cost would also vary depending on the size of your window.
An 8×4 window covers an area of about 2.97 square meters. Most windows are priced per square meter, considering all other factors mentioned. The cost of an aluminum thermal break window will be priced between $215 to $966 or even higher for customized windows.
An 8×4 window made of wooden frames is expensive. The prices range from $581 to $1740, or even higher. Vinyl framed windows are the cheaper option, priced between $178 and $859. These prices are just dependent on the material only. They might vary if we factor in other things.
To know what the 96×48 window will cost you at the George Buildings, contact our sales team. You will be asked for your preferred window specifications and then a more accurate quote computed. This is a free service!
4. What factors affect the cost of an 8×4 window?
We have already given you the price ranges of an 8×4 window, and we mentioned that they depend on many factors. Here is an elaboration of that. Every manufacturer price their windows based on the following factors.
- High-end brands vs low end-brand – High-end window brands are of high quality in many cases. As a result, they are priced higher than the low-end brands.
- Window type – There are different types of windows based on the design. The realization of every design requires specific skills and a manufacturing process, which leads to price variation. When sending an inquiry for an 8×4 window, you should specify it will be a double-hung, casement, awning, bay, sliding, or tilt & turn.
- Window frame type – The material used for making the frame will determine the cost of your 8×4 window. A solid wood frame is the most expensive, followed by aluminum, and lastly, vinyl. If you are working with a tight budget, consider a vinyl frame.
- Window glass – You can customize your 98×48 window to have either a double pane, soundproof, argon-filled, energy-efficient, or low-E glass. Remember, it will be priced according to the properties of the window glass you choose.
- Local labor rates – In some cases, you cannot install your windows by yourself. Hiring a professional will cost you, adding to the total cost of your windows. This installation cost varies from country to country and region to region.
5. Can I negotiate an 8×4 window price?
Yes. But we cannot guarantee you that every 8×4 window manufacturer will allow you to negotiate the prices. Ask their customer support representatives just to be sure of it. But at George Buildings, we can always discuss the prices and reach an agreement with our sales team. Feel free to contact us.
6. How can I cover the 96×48 window?
A properly dressed 8×4 window can be the focal point of the room. Apart from the decoration purpose, curtains, shades, and screens allow you to control the amount of light in the room and enhance privacy. So, covering a 98×48 window is crucial.
As we have hinted out, use curtains, shades, screens, or anything that will not ruin the aesthetics of your window. Match or contrast the curtain colors with furniture, walls, or floor to create a cozy room.
7. Do you have any certificates for your 8×4 window products?
George Building is an international 8×4 window manufacturer that operates according to the set standards. We have many certifications as proof of compliance to regulations and also as quality assurance. We have the following certifications:
- SGCC/ IGCC
8. Do your 96×48 windows come with a warranty?
George Building window products are all backed up with a 5-year warranty. This is an indication of the quality of our products. If you find any problems with the 8×4 window you imported from us, contact us. Our team will look into the matter and take necessary actions, which might involve repairing or replacing the defective part or the entire window.
9. How do you pack and ship an 8×4 window?
Window glasses are delicate, and we have devised the best packaging methods. Every piece will be packed individually with a shock absorber material in between them.
All the parts will be packed and delivered to you safely. We can organize the shipping, or we can forward the package to your preferred shipping company. What we can guarantee you is the safety of your 4×8 window.
10. Can you show me the 8×4 window manufacturing process?
We use state-of-the-art machines and cutting-edge technology in the manufacturing of 96c48 windows. The process involves complex steps that we might not find the right words to explain. As a result, we have attached a video to this post for an audio-visual explanation. You are also allowed to book an appointment to visit your manufacturing sites.
11. How can I import quality 96×48 windows from China?
Importing 8×4 windows from China has now become simpler than ever before. You only need to identify the right manufacturer and send an inquiry. Your order will be processed by designing and manufacturing your windows. The next and last step is packaging and shipping, which many manufacturers can handle.
Consider the following affordable window manufacturers if you want to import 8×4 window from China:
- Foshan George Windows Co.Ltd
- Qingdao Jiaye Doors and Windows Co. Ltd
- Qingdao Keddy Glass Co., Ltd.
- Prima Industry Co., Ltd
- Guangdong JMA Aluminium Profile Factory (Group) Co. Ltd
- Huangshi Mega Commodity Co., Ltd.
Best 8×4 Window Manufacturer in China: George Buildings
George Building is a leading window manufacturer in China. If shopping for an 8×4 window from China, consider sending us an inquiry for guaranteed product quality and affordability. We use technology in the mass production of 96×48 windows, lowering the production cost. With us, you can buy high-quality windows at the most competitive price.
Choosing George Buildings to come with the following benefits:
- A wide window selection
- Good warranties
- Excellent window quality and efficiency
- Custom window products
- Best price guaranteed
- Operable installation guide
96×48 Window: Related Products
Share your floor plan/ purchasing list to get quotations within 24 hours.
Whatsapp Us: +86 13392205270
SIGN UP NEWSLETTER