72 x 48 Window | 6ft by 4ft Window | 6×4 Window
72 x 48 is a standard size window with dimensions of 72 inches wide and 48 inches high. The window is also referred to as a 6×4 window because the width and height are 6 and 4 feet, respectively. The actual window size is ¼ or ½ inches smaller than the rough opening, which should measure 71.75×47.75 or 71.5×47.5 (all units in inches).
72 x 48 Window: Features
6×4 window is the most popular because they fit in many rough openings for residential and commercial buildings. The standardization makes these 72 inch windows cheaper to manufacture, transport, and store, reflecting a lower price tag.
- Improved energy efficiency – All the joints and sashes are joined together through fusion welding technology, ensuring it is leakproof and saves energy.
- Strong and durable – The 6×4 window features multi-walled extrusions that provide excellent welding and structural integrity.
- Excellent thermal performance – Our 72×48 window is designed with a full-length interlock and a weather strip for high thermal efficiency, thereby saving you energy.
- Maximum security – The 6×4 window features locking bolts and studs that are break-proof and can be individually adjusted. No one can break into your house!
- Modern and elegant – Our 72×48 window has a sleek and compact design that adds curb appeal to your property.
- Weather and noise proof – The 72 inch window is designed to give you maximum comfort in all weather conditions and shield you from random noise.
- Easy to operate and maintain – The 6×4 window is professionally designed to be easily operable and clean. It also retains its elegant look for many years.
72 x 48 Window for sale
72 x 48 Window: Specifications
|Rough Opening Dimensions||72”W x 48”H|
|Frame Height||71-1/2 inches|
|Frame Width||47-1/2 inches|
|Frame Depth||3-1/4 inches|
|Project Type||New construction/replacement|
|Glazing Type||Single pane/double pane|
|Glass Choice||Argon Gas/Low-E|
|Sound Transmission Control(STC) Rated||✓|
|Manufacturer Warranty||Accidental glass breakage warranty; Limited lifetime|
6×4 Window: Optional Accessories
72 x 48 window shade
6×4 window shades can help you further lower the energy consumption in your home. They help you stay cool in summer and stay warm in winter.
6×4 window blinds
You can also get 6×4 window blinds to improve your privacy. These are also standardized to perfectly cover your 72-inch windows while allowing maximum natural light to pass through.
6×4 window curtains
All windows need curtains for known reasons. Apart from adding to the interior aesthetics, the curtain enhances your privacy. You need a 6×4 window curtain as well to complete your interior design.
72 x 48 Window: Frequently Asked Questions
1. What are the benefits of choosing 6×4 windows for my home?
- Durability – Materials used in the design of the 72×48 window are all durable and expertly joined to be break-proof. The 72 inch window can last for many decades.
- Design capabilities – If you are concerned about the appearance of your property, then choosing a 6×4 window is the best option. These windows help you achieve any design because frames and sashes appearances can be customized to meet your specific needs.
- Color stability – The beauty of your window lies in the color finishing. 72×48 window is elegant and can remain so for many years regardless of the changing weather conditions. They never fade.
- Minimal maintenance – A new 6×4 window is elegant and attractive to the eye. That might make you think you will need to maintain. On the contrary, it requires no maintenance to retain its appearance.
- Weather resistance – You are well protected during a storm and other extreme weather conditions in winter and summer. The 72×48 window is sealed with weatherstrip material that maintains the temperature in the house relatively constant and independent of the environmental conditions.
- Impact strength – 6×4 window is impact resistance. The glasses will never shatter when banged or exposed to any sudden force. Frames are also made of materials with high impact strength.
- Insulation & savings – The 72×48 window is insulated, making it the best option for saving energy. It has excellent thermal performance and has proved so under different weather conditions.
- Eco-friendliness – 6×4 window helps you conserve the environment for the future generation. It is made of materials from renewable sources, and the good thing is that they are recyclable. Keep your surrounding clean and safe by choosing these 72 inch windows.
2. What are the standard window sizes?
Windows are of many different sizes that makes it difficult to say what the standard is. Fortunately, there are many different sizes for different room sizes and types of buildings. For example, we have 30×30, 48×48, 36×48, 72×48, and many others. You only have to choose the matching size for your property.
Also, the window sizes vary according to type. Different window types have varying shapes, which further complicate things. So, first, decide on the window type you need and measure the height of your room. You can then choose a standard window size for the rough opening.
3. How do I know what window size I need? Is the 72×48 window size right for my house?
From the previous question, we said that window size depends on the size of the room. But what does this statement mean? Let us find out!
An international residential code states that a functional window should be at least 24 inches above the floor. The height of your window should also allow enough natural light to pass through. You should, therefore, consider leaving a sizeable space to the ceiling.
Window design will also affect the overall size. Some are meant to be smaller, while others are bigger in size. So, to know the right window size you need, get the dimensions of your house and decide on the 72 inch window type.
After considering all relevant factors, you can conclude on whether to buy a 6×4 window or not.
4. How much is a 6×4 window?
The cost of a 72×48 window depends on the framing material and type of glass pane used. The unit price of any window is in terms of square meters. A 6×4 window translates to about 2.23 sq. meters.
For an aluminum-framed 72×48 window, the price ranges from $161 to $725 at a unit cost of $72.5-$325. For a wooden-framed 6×4 window, the unit price ranges from $162 to $725, translating to a total cost of between $436 and $1304. A Vinyl window is the cheapest option you have, priced from $133-$644.
We cannot state the exact price before considering all other factors. You can contact our team for a free quote estimate for a 6×4 window. Also, note that the prices stated here can change with time.
5. What factors affect the cost of the 72×48 window?
- High-end brands vs low-end brands – Class is always expensive. You will need to dig deeper into your pocket to buy a high-end 6×4 window. So, you can consider saving on the cost by going for a low-end 6×4 window, which serves pretty much the same purpose.
- Window type – The different types of windows include casement, double-hung, awning, bay, sliding, etc. Each of these types has a minimum and maximum sizes. That means before settling on a 6×4 window, check if it is recommended or even if it is available. Keep in mind the cost will significantly vary depending on your choice.
- Window frame type – As we have already seen, a wood-framed 6×4 window is the most expensive currently available in the market. Vinyl gives you a cheaper option and many advantages good enough for your property, but you can also explore fiberglass and aluminum 72 inch windows.
- Window glass – Different glass designs are available for 6×4 window panes. You can choose a double-pane, soundproof, argon fill, energy-efficient, or low-E, but keep in mind that you will have to pay more for elegance and comfort.
- Local labor rates – The installation cost also contributes to the total price of a 6×4 window and varies from relocation to location.
6. Can I negotiate a 72 x 48 window price?
The price tags on our 72×48 windows are not fixed. You can negotiate for even better deals if you meet our criteria for a discount. Feel free to ask for the best price for bulk buying or for special projects, and our team will be pleased to serve you.
7. What are the performance glass options for 6×4 windows?
The types of glass for your 72×48 window pane vary depending on personal preference. This helps in meeting demands from different clients. At George Buildings, we are pleased to present to you the following glass options:
- Tempered glass
- Low-E glass
- Tinted glass
- Insulated glass
- Argon gas glass
- Impact glass
- Laminated glass
8. How can I cover a 72 x 48 window?
There are many options of how you can cover your 6×4 window. Curtain is just one of them, but you can get creative with many other ideas at your disposal. Interior designers know just how dressing a 72 inch window can make all the difference. Learn more on how to cover your 6×4 window using shades, screens, among others.
9. Do you have any certificates for your 72 x 48 window products?
George Buildings is a renowned manufacturer of 6×4 windows operating under strict guidelines of international standards. Our certifications include the following:
- SGCC/ IGCC
10. Do your 72 x 48 windows come with a warranty?
We are devoted to serving our customers better than any other company. Your satisfaction is a priority. For that reason, we give a 5-year warranty on all the products from our factory. Our professional team will be on standby to respond to any complaints, including repairing or replacing faulty windows and 72 inch window parts.
Your investment is protected by our warranty package for five years. Feel free to contact us if you have any problems because we are ready to solve them.
11. How do you pack and ship a 72 x 48 window?
Proper 6×4 window packaging is beneficial not only to you but also to us. We use tested and approved materials for packaging frames and glasses, ensuring your 6×4 window parts reach you without any scratch. Also, do not forget that any damages are covered by our warranty, so you have nothing to worry about.
After packaging, we hand it over to your shipping agent or customs broker. It is crucial to have a trusted and experienced agent for safety and security. The hired shipping company should provide a tracking number.
12. Can you show me the 6×4 window manufacturing process?
Our 6×4 windows are manufactured through an automated process, ensuring every piece produced is flawless. You do not have to worry as every step is precisely computer-controlled to meet the specific demands of our customers.
We deploy cutting-edge technology. That ensures the quality of our 6×4 windows is second to none. And every piece is tested to ensure they meet quality standards before releasing them to the market.
13. Where can I import the quality 72 x 48 windows in China?
If you are new to international product sourcing, you might find it challenging to import 6×4 windows from China. You can hire the services of a logistic company to help you out.
You can find a high quality 72×48 window from any of the following places:
1. Search 6×4 window from the window building material market
2. Place your order from China top 10 6×4 Window manufacturers
- Foshan George Windows Co.Ltd
- Qingdao Jiaye Doors and Windows Co. Ltd
- Qingdao Keddy Glass Co., Ltd.
- Prima Industry Co., Ltd
- Guangdong JMA Aluminium Profile Factory (Group) Co. Ltd
- Huangshi Mega Commodity Co., Ltd.
3. Visit online window shop
14. What 6×4 window cleaning tips you will give me?
Many property owners destroy the elegant look of their windows by using the wrong methods when cleaning. Protect your 72 inch windows to appreciate what you invested. From our experience, we recommend the following 72 inch window cleaning methods:
- Use acetone or rubbing alcohol for removing any stains from window panes
- Use only soft and lint-free cleaning material or kitchen towel if you cannot find a micro-fiber cloth
- Avoid ammonia or alcohol-based solutions or sharp objects to remove tough stains.
15. How to install a 72 x 48 window?
6×4 window installation process remains the same regardless of the size, provided there is a matching rough opening. However, different approaches might be used when replacing an existing 72 inch window and new installation.
In many cases, 6×4 window installation is a DIY project. But if you are not a DIYer, then consider hiring an expert to help you. Find more information on installing the window type you have and proceed as instructed.
Who Makes the Best 72×48 Window: George Buildings
George Buildings takes pride in making the best 6×4 window regarding quality and design. Choosing our products comes with many advantages including, but not limited to:
- A wide window selection
- Good warranties
- Excellent window quality and efficiency
- Tailored-made window products
- Best price guaranteed
- Operable installation guide
Choose George Buildings for guaranteed quality and excellent customer support service. Our 72×48 windows are also competitively priced.
72 x 48 Window: Related Products
Share your floor plan/ purchasing list to get quotations within 24 hours.
Whatsapp Us: +86 13392205270
SIGN UP NEWSLETTER