60 x 48 Window | 60 by 48 Window | 5×4 Window
A 60 x 48 window is a standard-sized window that measures 48 inches wide and stands 60 inches tall. It is also referred to as a 5×4 window if the measurements are in feet. These standard windows are designed for a rough opening of 47.75×59.75 or 47.5×59.5, meaning the actual window size is 1/4 or 1/2 smaller.
5×4 windows are of a standard size fitted in the openings of most homes and some commercial properties. They are also easier to make and store, making them much cheaper compared to customized windows. The manufacturer can also enjoy the economy of scale by bulk production of 60×48 windows.
60 x 48 Window: Features
- Engineered window glass – Window glass can be a double-pane with vacuum or argon gas-filled to help reduce the energy cost and condensation.
- Strong and durable – Steel-reinforced sash and flawless welded joints to make the windows stronger and last longer.
- Low Maintenance – Vinyl frame construction makes the windows maintenance-free. Low maintenance is required for other frame material types.
- Easy installation – Designed with nailing flanges for easy attachment to the house frame.
- All-round weatherstrip – The weatherstrip makes the windows airtight when closed for better energy regulation.
60 x 48 Window | 60 by 48 Window | 5×4 Window: Overview
60 x 48 Window: Specifications
|Rough Opening Dimensions||60”W x 48”H|
|Frame Height||59-1/2 inches|
|Frame Width||47-1/2 inches|
|Frame Depth||3-1/4 inches|
|Project Type||New construction/replacement|
|Glazing Type||Single pane/double pane|
|Glass Choice||Argon Gas/Low-E|
|Sound Transmission Control(STC) Rated||✓|
|Manufacturer Warranty||Accidental glass breakage warranty; Limited lifetime|
5×4 Window: Optional Accessories
5×4 window screen
60 x 48 window screens act as a barrier separating the interior and exterior of your house. Window screens are not optional if you need fresh air to enter the room while blocking insects and leaves. They can also protect your window glasses from being knocked by objects.
5×4 window blinds
Depending on the type of window blind, they help you regulate heat in your house. With perfect thermal control, you can reduce your energy bills. The blinds can also be tilted to appropriate angles for ventilation and privacy.
5×4 window curtains
Window dressing is a must-do thing with many advantages, and 60×48 window curtains help you achieve it better. Whether you need it for interior decoration, privacy, thermal regulation, or other reasons, window curtains suit it all.
60×48 Window: Frequently Asked Questions
1. What are some top reasons to choose 60 x 48 windows for my home?
60×48 windows are budget-friendly. They are standard-sized windows being mass-produced, thereby lowering the production cost.
- Material Variety
There are different types of windows based on the frame material. Choose from aluminum, vinyl, wood, or fiberglass, based on your budget.
- Wide window types
60×48 windows come in different design styles. Double-hung, awning, casement, sliding, and tilt & turn are among the common window types. You only choose what is best for your house.
- Reduction of energy costs
5×4 windows are designed to control the internal temperatures. Their airtight and insulation properties will make your home more energy-efficient.
- Enhanced security and safety
The sashes are reinforced by steel, making the windows hard to break into. The lock system also does its best to keep burglars away.
- Low maintenance
With little to no maintenance, your 60×48 windows will remain in a good shape for a long time.
2. Is a 60×48 window the best size for my house?
Yes, but it requires relatively big houses. If the size is visualized in foot, then a rough opening measuring 5 feet by 4 feet should be a bog space. However, it is a perfect size for your living room and primary bedroom. You can also install 60×48 windows on commercial properties, and an ideal choice for multipurpose social halls.
3. How much is a 60 x 48 window?
The cost of a 60 x 48 window varies depending on the design, glass type, frame material, and manufacturer. Despite the different prices, George Buildings strives to supply affordable 5×4 windows to the market.
With an effective area of 1.86 square meters, you can expect to pay around $130 to $650 for an aluminum framed 60×48 window. The cost can increase or decrease, depending on the frame materials and other factors listed.
For example, a 5×4 window with a wooden frame costs range from $360 to $1,100, and the vinyl framed one is priced between $100 and $550, the most cost-effective choice. We are giving the cost of 5×4 windows as a range because we have considered only the frame material. Other factors can also inflate the prices.
Contact us for a free quote for 60×48 windows. With proper specification, you can get a more accurate value.
4. What factors affect the cost of the 60×48 window?
- Cost by brand – The cost of 60 x 48 windows varies depending on the chosen brand. Buying your windows from a pioneering brand can be expensive, but the quality is guaranteed in many cases.
- Designs & styles – What your window looks like determines its cost. There are different window designs, and what you choose will come with the associated price tag.
- Feature & options – What do you want for your windows? Will you buy it with other accessories such as blinds, screens, shades, and curtains? Expect the cost to rise if that is the case.
- Glass type – Window glasses are priced differently because of the varying properties such as noise cancelation, insulation, etc.
- Frame material – Window frames can be made from different materials such as wood, aluminum, vinyl, fiberglass, etc. On this list, wooden frames are the most expensive, and vinyl presents you with the most affordable option.
- Installation cost – The labor charges vary from one place to the other. It can also depend on the type of window you are to install.
5. Can I negotiate a 60×48 window price?
Yes. In many cases, 60 x 48 window manufacturers or suppliers allow you to negotiate prices. They will also offer you advice on the best window type for your budget. However, before you get into the negotiation table, you need to know the trending market prices for 5×4 windows.
If you are unsure about the expected window price range, ask a local contractor or use online window cost calculators. This will give you an upper hand when arguing your points.
6. What is the average cost to replace a 60 x 48 window in a home?
The cost of replacing your 5×4 windows depends on the cost of purchasing a new one and the cost of installation. We hope you already have an idea of how much you will spend on a new 60×48 window. If you need an accurate value, then you can contact our sales team.
The labor cost to replace a window varies between $150 and $200, depending on the window type and other factors. This should be added to what it costs to buy the replacement window.
7. How can I cover a 60×48 window?
There are 60×40 window screens, shades, curtains, and blinds that you can use to cover your windows. These are sold together with the windows as accessories, or you can buy them separately from a nearby Home Depot. The type of window covering you busy should complement your home’s interior aesthetics.
8. Do you have any certificates for your 60 x 48 window products?
George Buildings operates under regulations and standards set by both local and international organizations. We have the following certifications:
- SGCC/ IGCC
9. Do your 60 x 48 windows come with a warranty?
Yes. Our 5×4 windows and all other related products have a 5-year warranty to back them up. You are entitled to a free repair or replacement service if you experience any problems with our windows. Do not hesitate to contact us. We will dispatch a technical team to look into the matter and take appropriate actions.
10. Can you show me the 60×48 window manufacturing process?
You can visit our company to physically see our 5×4 window manufacturing process. But if you cannot come all the way, then the attached video should be sufficient to show you how we turn raw materials into finished window products. It is better shown than described in words.
11. How do you pack and ship 60×48 windows?
The packaging and shipping are done by our dispatch team. The team uses high-quality packaging material and cushioning materials to ensure the window glasses do not get any shock that might break them. Trust us when we say your package will be delivered to you in one peace. Above all, we take responsibility for any damaged products during shipping.
12. How can I buy quality 60 x 48 windows near my location?
You can buy 60×48 windows from George Buildings in the comfort of your home.
Instead of moving to a nearby store or warehouse for any type of window, you can simply use any internet-enabled device to send us an inquiry. Our team will be there to discuss your requirements and the way forward. We promise to deliver to your location address. Contact us right now for a quick free quote within 24 hours.
Import 60×48 Windows from China: the Best Window Manufacturer
Importing 60 x 48 windows from the best manufacturer has the advantage of affordability, quality, and timely delivery. You will not regret the decision to buy windows from China. But how do you identify that reliable manufacturer to trust?
A well-reputable 5×4 window manufacturer has the following features:
- A wide window selection
- Good warranties
- Excellent window quality and efficiency
- Custom window products
- Best price guaranteed
- Operable installation guide
At George Buildings, you will get excellent services when buying high-end windows to help you reduce the energy bills. Our windows are designed for thermal regulation and aesthetics. Contact us to place your order for 60 x 48 windows at the most competitive price.
60 x 48 Window: Related Products
Share your floor plan/ purchasing list to get quotations within 24 hours.
Whatsapp Us: +86 13392205270
SIGN UP NEWSLETTER