32×48 Window | 32 by 48 Window | 32×48 Frame
A 32×48 window is a standard-sized window measuring 32 inches wide and 48 inches tall. Such windows are sometimes referred to as 2.8×4 windows when the dimensions are stated in feet. They are designed for a rough opening of 32×48. Meaning its actual window frame measure 31.75×47.75 or 31.5×47.5, 1/4 or ½ smaller than the rough opeming.
Standard-sized windows such as 32×48 are usually mass-produced. That is because they are easier to manufacture and store, making them more affordable. To reduce the cost of construction or window replacement, choose these windows over customized ones.
32 x 48 Window: Features
- Steel-reinforced sashes – Both upper and lower sashes are reinforced with metal and joined through fusion welding to offer strength and security.
- Energy-efficient window glasses – Reduce the energy cost for regulating the temperature in your house by installing these airtight windows.
- Nail fin – The flanges come pre-punched to make it easy to install.
- Unlimited choice – The 32×48 windows come in different types, colors, and finishes to choose from.
- Vinyl frame – You can choose the vinyl 32×48 frame for your windows. These are also durable, weather-resistant, and do not fade.
- High-quality – The overall build show quality. The windows are backed up by a 5-year warranty.
- Cam-action lock – This reengages sashes and pulls them on the weatherstrip seal for an airtight operation.
32×48 Window | 32 by 48 Window | 32×48 Frame: Overview
32×48 Window: Specifications
|Rough Opening Dimensions||32”W x 48”H|
|Frame Height||31-1/2 inches|
|Frame Width||47-1/2 inches|
|Frame Depth||3-1/4 inches|
|Project Type||New construction/replacement|
|Glazing Type||Single pane/double pane|
|Glass Choice||Argon Gas/Low-E|
|Sound Transmission Control(STC) Rated||✓|
|Manufacturer Warranty||Accidental glass breakage warranty; Limited lifetime|
32 x 48 Window: Optional Accessories
32 x 48 window blinds
Like other window treatments, blinds enhance the energy efficiency, privacy, and control lighting in the room. Blinds usually trap air between it and the window that acts as insulation. This creates a thermal barrier to maintain the internal temperatures.
32 x 48 window screen
Window screens are a type of window dressing hailed for their functionality and aesthetics. They allow fresh air to get into the room while blocking leaves and insects. When an appropriate texture and color of a 32 x 48 window screen are chosen, it can improve the value of your property.
32 x 48 window curtains
Almost every window in your home is treated with curtains. Window curtains are not just there for the sake of it. They enhance privacy, thermal regulation, and natural lighting. Buy your windows with a matching 32×48 curtain to improve the curb appeal of your windows.
32×48 Window: Frequently Asked Questions
1. What are some top reasons to choose 32 x 48 windows for my home?
- Material Variety
The 32×48 frames and window glasses can be made with different materials. The most common framing materials include aluminum, wood, fiberglass, and vinyl.
- Color stability
32×48 windows are relatively stable regardless of the weather conditions. The frames do not fade even if exposed to direct sunlight, like in most cases.
- Reduction of energy costs
The 32×48 windows are airtight and have insulation properties, making your home more energy-efficient.
- Enhanced security and safety
The 32×48 frames and sashes are all reinforced with metal to resist breakages. The lock system is unbreakable.
- Little or no maintenance
Unlike other window designs, these 32 x 48 windows are easy to maintain because they are made of all-weather materials.
2. Is a 32 x 48 window the best size for my house?
If you are not a professional, identifying the right window size for your home might be a challenging task. In many cases, you can simply go to a supplier or manufacturer who stocks standard-sized windows and ask for the window you want. However, you might not provide an accurate answer when asked for the size you want.
To know whether a 32×48 window is the best size for your house or not, measure the width and height of the rough opening. If you are designing your home fresh, you can design your windows to match the room size. 32×48 is a standard size for many residential and commercial houses. It should be a good choice for a living room, bedroom, and many other rooms in the house.
3. How much is a 32×48 window?
Whether you are replacing an existing window or doing a new installation, you will have to buy a new 32 x 48 window if it is your choice. But do you know the amount you are expected to pay for it? Do not worry if you do know because there are many factors considered.
We will only cover a blanketed cost range. Contact a window manufacturer or supplier with your specifications if you want more accurate prices.
Expect to pay between $70 and $350 for an aluminum 32×48 frame window. A wooden-framed window is a bit expensive. Its prices range from $190 to $580. If you are working on a tight budget, you can opt for a more affordable window option made of a vinyl frame. You can buy vinyl windows for as low as $50, but the prices can hike all the way to $290, depending on other factors.
4. What factors affect the cost of a 32 x 48 window?
As you have seen from the previous section, the window prices are given as a wide range. That is because of the factor you need to specify when placing an order for a 32×48 window. Here are detailed statements on these price determinants:
- Window glass – A window glass can be described as clear or tinted, single or double-paned, Low-E, argon gas-filled, soundproof, etc. That means your windows will be priced based on these properties.
- Frame material – A 32×48 frame can be aluminum, fiberglass, wood, or vinyl. These framing materials are priced differently because of their varying qualities and properties. Fiberglass is a high-end 32×4 frame, and vinyl is considered a low-end material.
- Window type – Windows are classified according to the design. In this category, you can find an awning, casement, double-hung, tilt & turn, sliding, bay, etc. What you pay for your window depends on these window types.
- Window brand – Like all other products, the prices of windows vary from one brand to the next. This difference is brought about by the variations in quality, window manufacturing method, the scale of production, and market share.
- Labor cost – The labor cost of producing a given type of 32 x 48 window is not constant. It all depends on the design, material, and manufacturing method.
- Installation cost – The fee for 32×48 window installation varies from one technician to the next. This variation is also attributed to the location and market demand.
5. Can I negotiate a 32 x 48 window price?
Yes. You can negotiate the prices, but only after knowing the average market prices for a 32 x 48 window. This will form the base of your argument and will also help you confirm whether you are getting the best price for the product or not. Unfortunately, not all window manufacturers or suppliers have flexible prices. Some are fixed, and you just have to pay the indicated amount.
If you are not acquainted with the window prices, then ask a local contractor or contact George Buildings to inquire. This is a free service offered by our sales team.
6. What is the average cost to replace a 32×48 window in a home?
A typical price for a new replacement window is between $100 and $650 per window, depending on the 32×48 frame material, glass type, among other factors. Multiply this value with the number of windows you need to replace. The labor charges range from $100-$300 per window. Do your math and find what you should have in your budget for window replacement.
7. Do you have any certificates for your 32 x 48 window products
George Buildings is a global company that supplies the world market with high-quality 32 x 48 windows and other related products. That simply means we have to operate according to international standards and regulations. Therefore, we must have the certificates to prove adherence to these laws.
We have the following certifications:
- SGCC/ IGCC
8. Do your 32 x 48 windows come with a warranty?
Yes. Our windows and related products have a 5-year warranty. This tells how much we invest in quality regulation and always believe that our windows are top quality. You are entitled to free window repair or replacement services if it does not live up to these expectations. Just let us know when you have any problems with the products, and we will ack with speed to resolve it.
9. How are your 32 x 48 windows made?
The windows are made through an automated process using advanced technology. This can be challenging to describe in words, and as a result, we have attached a video to show you everything we believe you wanted to know. Visit us to explore more!
10. How do you pack and ship 32 x 48 windows?
Packaging and chipping of windows are done to avoid the damages that might be experienced while shipping the products. We individually pack the windows using appropriate materials for guaranteed safe delivery. You will receive your package without even a scratch on the 32×48 frame or glasses.
11. How can I buy quality 32 x 48 windows in China?
George Buildings makes it easy for you to import high-end windows from China. Contact our sales team to walk you through the ordering process. We are a leading 32 x 48 window manufacturer that can deliver to any part of the world.
The Best 32 x 48 Window Manufacturer in China: George Buildings
George Buildings has been in the window manufacturing industry for more than a decade now and always delivers high-quality products to different clients. We have all the features that you are looking for in a reliable window manufacturer based in China. As our client, you will enjoy the following benefits:
- A wide window selection
- Good warranties
- Excellent window quality and efficiency
- Tailored-made window products
- Best price guaranteed
- Operable installation guide
32×48 Window: Related Products
Share your floor plan/ purchasing list to get quotations within 24 hours.
Whatsapp Us: +86 13392205270
SIGN UP NEWSLETTER