24 x 48 Window | 24 by 48 Window | 2×4 Window
A 24 x 48 window is a standard-sized window designed to fit in rough openings. This means that the window measures 24-inch width and 48-inch height (24’’W x 48’’H) for rough opening(recommended rough opening is between 3/4’’(19mm) – 1’’ (25mm) larger than the window width and height.) It is sometimes referred to as a 2×4 window when measurements are in feet.
24 x 48 Window: Features
You might be interested in having customized windows, but you will save by just choosing the 24×48 type. Why? Pre-designed or standard-sized windows are cheaper to make compared to customized ones and are also easy to store. That results in a relatively lower market price for a 2×4 window.
- Long-lasting beauty – The 24 x 48 window is made of premium material with a solid color that will never tarnish, chip, peel, warp, or crack, giving you a long service life.
- Heavy-duty design and construction – The frames and sashes of these 2×4 windows are joined through fusion welding. That gives it ultimate strength and structural integrity.
- Designed to save energy – A 2×4 window is constructed with standard insulated glass and an edging system. That saves energy by reducing or eliminating heat conduction, thereby ensuring efficient thermal performance and a long lifespan.
- All-weather design – The bulb seal design of this 24 x 48 window helps block dust and aid air filtration.
- Easy to operate – The 2×4 window is designed with extruded lift rails to make the operation easy. Also, the uniform distribution of weight throughout the structure makes it even easier to handle.
- Natural lighting – 2×4 window is made of clear single-pane glass that allows maximum light to pass through.
24 x 48 Window for sale
24 x 48 Window: Specifications
|Rough Opening Dimensions||24”W x 48”H|
|Frame Height||23-1/2 inches|
|Frame Width||47-1/2 inches|
|Project Type||New construction/replacement|
|Glazing Type||Single pane/double pane|
|Glass Choice||Argon Gas/Low-E|
|Sound Transmission Control(STC) Rated||✓|
|Manufacturer Warranty||Accidental glass breakage warranty; Limited lifetime|
24 x 48 Window: Optional Accessories
24 x 48 window screen
You can also buy a 24 x 48 window screen for your 2×4 window. The screens help maintain the outside view and airflow while blocking insects from getting into the house. You should, however, note that window screens do not offer any security against intruders or prevent children from falling down through the window.
24 x 48 window curtains
Any window is never complete without curtains. That is the same case with a 2×4 window, which should be paired with appropriate curtains for an enhanced curb appeal and improved privacy.
24 x 48 window blinds
Like any other ordinary window, 24 x 48 window also requires blinds as part of the interior aesthetics. A blind consists of many long horizontal or vertical slats operated by pulling a cord that is attached to all of the individual pieces. They help maintain your privacy.
24 x 48 Window: Frequently Asked Questions
1. What are the benefits of choosing 24×48 windows for my home?
- Design capabilities – A 24 x 48 window gives you unlimited architectural design options for your dream home. It can complement any style, from contemporary to rustic.
- Impact strength – The frames and sashes of a 2×4 window are joined together through fusion welding, one of the best-known welding methods. That gives the window strength to resist any impact that usually breaks ordinary windows.
- Durability – 24×48 windows are best known for their long service life. You buy it once and enjoy its elegance for many years with just simple maintenance.
- Weather resistance – A 24 x 48 window has full weather stripping around it, making a 2×4 window weatherproof. It is also made of vinyl material that does not warp due to temperature changes.
- Color stability – Regardless of the prevailing weather conditions, your 2×4 window will maintain its elegant color for many years. It will never fade or turn dull over time, giving your home a brand-new look year after year.
- Eco-friendliness – If you want to reduce your environmental carbon footprints, choose a 24 x 48 window for your home construction. The frames of the 2×4 window are made of vinyl material, which is recyclable, durable, and energy-efficient. There is no other window framing material that compares to it.
- Insulation & savings – Made of a high-performance insulated glass unit, which saves energy by limiting the conduction of heat. The thermal performance of a 2×4 window is on another level.
- Minimal maintenance – A 2×4 window does not require much maintenance. 2×4 window can remain in good shape and maintain its elegance for many years without the need for a renovation. Just install it once and enjoy the benefits for years to come.
2. What are standard window sizes?
House windows come in all shapes and sizes, depending on the design. That has made it hard to come up with a standard dimension for windows. The sizes vary from region to region, person to person, room to room, and from one window type to the other. However, there are fixed sizes for height and width to help manufacturers pre-design windows.
The standard window size in most homes, apartments, and offices is 24×24 windows. However, the frames may not measure exactly 24 inches wide by 24 inches high because half an inch is always trimmed off for easier installation. For taller windows, you will get 24×48 pre-designed ones.
The width of a window can be from 24 inches up to 40 inches and height from 24 inches up to 72 inches. That depends on the type of window. For example, a standard double-hung window starts from 24×48 inches to 36×72 inches in dimension. Sliding windows come in standard sizes of 36-84 inches wide and 24-60 inches high. So, you have to decide based on the type of window you want for your home.
3. How do I know what window size I need? Is the 24×48 window size right for my house?
Usually, the size of windows is made proportional to the room size. Also, the size depends on the type of window that you want for your home. Your structural engineer or designer should better help you answer this question. But in general, you are better off choosing a 24×48 window size.
24×48 is a standard size that fits many rough openings and blends well with many homes and commercial buildings. You also get to enjoy the benefits of choosing a pre-designed window, such as low cost and easy transportation and storage.
4. Are replacement windows sized the same as new construction windows?
Replacement windows are not the same as new construction windows regarding sizes. New construction windows are of standard sizes, while replacement windows are of custom sizes. That means a new construction window cannot simply fit into an opening left after removing an existing window.
It seems okay to buy a new construction window and simply place it in the opening, but a closer examination reveals something else. New construction windows have nail fins for attaching the window to the stud or house frame for permanency. These studs are only found in modern houses, and the windows are meant to be fixed first before the walls. In conclusion, a 24 x 48 new construction window cannot fit in a 24×48 opening left by a replacement window.
5. How to measure a window for a replacement window?
Over time, you can get used to your existing window and would want a replacement. Or, it can be part of your home renovation project where you would like to facelift your house. Whichever the case, you have to make an appropriate measurement for a replacement 2×4 window before ordering.
You need horizontal and vertical dimensions to order a replacement window from George Buildings or any other manufacturer. Proceed as follows:
Measure the width of the opening horizontally across the window frame. Do this at the top, middle, and bottom, and record the three readings.
Circle the smallest value of the three. This is the width of your window, which you will send to the manufacturer when ordering.
Measure the distance vertically across the 2×4 window frame, from top to bottom. Take three readings: left, middle, and right.
Note the smallest value of the three recorded measurements. This is the height of your window.
Both vertical and horizontal measurements give you the dimension of your window. If the combination comes to something like 24×48 or anything else, then that is your window size.
6. What is the cheapest way to replace windows?
Your home renovation project should not over drain your account. If you know the right choice of a replacement window, then you can save money on your next project.
The cost of a replacement window is dependent on the framing material. Solid wood-framed windows are the premium option but are very expensive. Fiberglass frames are also a good choice but still a bit costly compared to vinyl frames. The verdict is to go for a 24 x 48 window made of vinyl material as they are the cheapest option in the market.
7. How much is a standard size window?
Windows come in a range of sizes to fit in different rough openings. Different standards include 2×4 window, 36×36, 36×72, 36×48, 48×60, 30×60, and many others. These variations also lead to differences in the cost. Window sizes, window type, glass type, frame material, and window quality also affect the pricing.
The typical prices for a standard window range from $300 to $1,200 per window, depending on the factors already menti9oned. Expect to pay more for big windows than for smaller windows. Also, the cost of the solid wood-framed window is higher than that of vinyl framed windows.
8. How much is a 24×48 window?
The cost of a 24 x 48 also varies depending on many factors already mentioned. Converted into square meters, the 24×48 translates to about 0.7433. The cost per square meter ranges from $72 to $325. For example, a 24×48 aluminum window will be priced from $54 to $242.
We cannot state the actual price of a 24 x 48 window because of many factors to be considered. To know the exact price, send your specifications to our team to help us calculate the value.
9. What factors affect the cost of a 24×48 window?
- High-end brands vs low-end brands – You pay more for high-end 2×4 window brands than what you will pay for a low-end 2×4 window.
- Window type – The cost of a 2×4 window varies depending on the complexities of the design and the quantity of material it uses. Choosing a double-hung, casement, awning, bay, sliding, tilt & turn, or any other type will affect the price tag.
- Window frame type – Window frames made of solid wood are the most expensive, while vinyl frames offer you a cheaper option for a 2×4 window. You can also consider fiberglass and aluminum for your 2×4 window but keep in mind that each material type will affect the cost.
- Window glass – Triple pane glass is more expensive than a double pane, which is also costlier than a single pane. If you choose a soundproof, energy-efficient, or argon gas fill, then expect the price of your 2×4 window to be higher.
- Local labor rates – The labor rates differ from location to location depending on the 2×4 window demand in that area. Some 2×4 window types are easy to install. Others take time and require skills, which increases the installation cost.
10. Can I negotiate a 24×48 window price?
Yes, you can negotiate the cost of a 2×4 window. We offer a discount to bulk buyers and special prices depending on your location or project. To know your eligibility and to get the best deal on our 2×4 window, contact our representatives. Speak to them directly for a free cost estimate.
11. How can I cover a 24×48 window?
There are decorative window covers in the market for a 24 x 48 window. You just buy the one you preferred to complement your home decoration on top of providing the primary function. You can shop for a 2×4 window cover online and get it delivered to you on time.
12. Do you have any certificates for your 24×48 window products?
George Buildings offers the following certificates for windows:
- SGCC/ IGCC
13. Do your 24×48 windows come with a warranty?
All products from George Building have a 5-year warranty. This means your 2×4 window also has a warranty and will be replaced or repaired for all faulty parts for free after evaluating the cause of failure. Our professionals will be assigned the task.
14. How do you pack and ship 24×48 window?
At George Buildings, safety comes first before anything else. We use protective packaging material that ensures your 2×4 window gets to you in one piece. The frames and glasses are all separately packed to ensure they don’t form any crack or stress.
George Building hands over the packaged items to your shipping company or a customs broker to deliver them to you. So, you also have to choose a shipping company wisely to handle all the logistics.
15. Can you show me the 24×48 window manufacturing process?
Our 2×4 window manufacturing process is done by automated, state-of-the-art machinery that ensures quality products. All windows are cut accurately, and all joints are welded professionally. Being a certified manufacturer, you can expect that our process follows a strict international standard.
16. Where can I import the quality 24×48 windows in China?
Are you planning to import 2×4 windows from China for the first time? It is a daunting task to identify a good window manufacturer from a highly industrialized country like China, but you do not have to worry.
Send an inquiry or get a quote for a 24 x 48 window from any of the following companies:
- Foshan George Windows Co.Ltd
- Qingdao Jiaye Doors and Windows Co. Ltd
- Qingdao Keddy Glass Co., Ltd.
- Prima Industry Co., Ltd
- Guangdong JMA Aluminium Profile Factory (Group) Co. Ltd
- Huangshi Mega Commodity Co., Ltd.
17. What window cleaning tips you will give me?
24×48 vinyl windows require little maintenance, but you still need to keep up the excellent job to reap the best out of your investments in a 2×4 window. To avoid unnecessary damage and mold attacks, do the following:
- Avoid alcohol or ammonia-based glass cleaning detergents
- Only use acetone or rubbing alcohol to dislodge sticky stains
- Do not scrape off stains using any sharp objects
- It is always recommended to use soft and linter-free materials to remove stains from your window.
- Alternatively, use a microfiber cloth or a kitchen towel to clean the window.
Best Window Manufacturer in China: Who Makes the Best 24×48 Window?
Buy 2×4 windows from George Buildings for your home. We are the best 2×4 window manufacturer with the following benefits to our customers:
- A wide window selection
- Good warranties
- Excellent window quality and efficiency
- Tailored-made window products
- Best price guaranteed
- Operable installation guide
24 x 48 Window: Related Products
Share your floor plan/ purchasing list to get quotations within 24 hours.
Whatsapp Us: +86 13392205270
SIGN UP NEWSLETTER